Thursday 8 September 2016

First blog task


Why did you choose GCSE Media Studies?
I decided to choose GCSE Media because i like the technical side of things, such as how the camera works and the different ways of using a camera.  

Which part of the course are you looking forward to most?

I am looking forward to making the movie poster. This because I have used Photoshop in the past and i know the ways of doing different things to images.

What knowledge and skills do you hope to learn in Media?

I hope to learn how to use of camera, sound and voice recording.

What grade are you realistically hoping to achieve in Media?
I want to achieve a A-A* grade. 

 What was the last TV programme or film you watched?
The last thing i watched was, 'Gangland'. This is a documentary about gangs in London. 

Why do you think that TV programme or film appealed to an audience

I think people watched it because it shows what London really is. Its not always a  nice place. There is a lot more to that. This has opened peoples eyes on what London really is.  

What technology have you used to access the media in the last 24 hours? (Radio, TV, phone etc.)
In the last 24 hours the technology i used to access the media was my I Phone and a laptop.

What device do you use most to access the media?
I use my I Phone the most to access the media.

Watch the first few minutes of this episode of the game show Pointless:
What aspects of this show might the audience enjoy? List at least three things and explain why the audience would enjoy each aspect.
I think people enjoy this show because the viewers at home get to join in. People also enjoy the show as it is family friendly. This show tests the viewers general knowledge. 
The contestants also enjoy the show as they throw banter at each other. However the contestants are made to look like they are normal people, e.g. "Hi my name is Jeff from Essex"  The show is made for people who like to have a challenge and for people who like a bit of comedy. This is done like this because it then everyone can enjoy the show.

 What can you spot in Pointless that you will find in most television game shows? (E.g. presenter) These are called key conventions - list as many as you can think of.

Presenter
Audience 
Contestants 
Team Mates
Cash Prize 



No comments:

Post a Comment